Sunday, September 11, 2011

Letters and Fabric

We are almost completed with a little face lift for our Laundry Room, but I was still keeping my eye open for the perfect finishing touches.  Where do you go when you need inspiration?  Pinterest, of course!  This project was very affordable and easy to re-create.  I began by purchasing cardboard letters from JoAnn's.  The edges got a quick coat of black paint.  


I searched through my lovely sister's stash of scrap fabrics for that perfect pop of color, traced the letters and cut them out.  


A quick coat of Mod Podge and those babies were ready to hang!  I love the way they warm up the space!   



I have been seeing tons of adorable, crafty ways to make letter magnets, but this one was my favorite!  My sister, Amanda, and I made these together (did I mention she has an awesome stash of fabic?).

We began choosing a font we liked and printing and cutting out each letter.  The paper letters were then traced onto felt and cut out.  We then hot glued small magnets on the back of the felt letters and sandwiched them between fun fabrics.  All three layers were hand sewn together.  Since Mandy and I both have babies at home it was important that those little magnets be safely tucked inside.

This project was much more time consuming than I originally thought it would be so I'm only finished through L.  Thankfully JD is only on "G" in his Reading book, so I'm hoping to stay ahead of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment