Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Birthday JR!

We are celebrating JR and his fifth birthday this week!  I always get a little sentimental around the kids' birthdays, it's a great time to think about how much they have changed my life and how much they have changed in the past year. 

This has been a big year for JR, it seems like he went from a toddler to a boy.  It's such a fun, in-between age because even though he is becoming more independent and self-confident every day he still needs his Mommy's cuddles and reassurance when he's tired or gets hurt.  So many of my smiles begin with him.  He is always making me laugh without realizing he is saying something funny, but quickly learning to enjoy the attention his new found sense of unintentional humor brings.  I also love watching him when I know the wheels are turning as he is observing and taking in the world. 

We had a fun dinner at Chuck E Cheese on JR's birthday- Josh and I always did enjoy a healthy competition of air hockey.  It has been a beautifully rare treat of 75 degree days this week, so we had birthday ice cream for dessert!
Lovin' every moment of being the Birthday Boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment