Monday, August 19, 2013

Dear daughter,

In His beautiful wisdom and infinite love, God chose to bless our family with an amazing gift this year.  He gave us you. 


"Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him."
Psalm 127:3
We were so excited and surprised and happy to welcome you into our family.  I enjoyed about a week of getting used to the idea of being pregnant before the first trimester hit me like a bulldozer.  The next three months were a blur of sleeping and eating crackers around the clock. 

New Years Eve 2012

Daddy and I were able to have our first glimpse of you in February in an ultrasound at the doctor's office.  We heard your heart beating and were amazed and thankful and overjoyed.  You looked like a tiny jelly bean.  I have carried your first picture in my wallet since that day. 


Our first picture of you.  February 5, 2013

We told your brothers and sister that day that you were joining our family.  EM was very excited and started hoping that you were a sister.  JR didn't seem too surprised for some reason and accepted the idea of you right away.  LD didn't really understand what was going on, but we're thinking he's going to love having you as a playmate.

About the same time that the snow melted and the robins came back for the spring, I was starting to feel more like myself again. 
   

Your first Easter Egg
March 23, 2013

In March I went to the hospital for a 20 week ultrasound.  Daddy and I laughed as we watched you kicking and bouncing around on the screen.  The ultrasound technician was so sweet and showed us each part of you that she was carefully measuring and checking.  I cried happy tears when she showed us that you were a girl.  When the examination was complete, you were declared perfect and growing right on schedule!  Your estimated due date was confirmed as August 18th.  Five months until we can meet!
Beautiful baby girl, perfect and complete.
Daddy and I stopped at the hospital gift shop to buy "It's a Girl!" balloons to bring home for your brothers and sister.  It was a fun way to share the news!

It's a Girl!

We knew your name because it is very special and we had chosen it a long time ago.  Now, it was time to prepare for your arrival!  LD even helped by moving out of the crib. 
Making room for baby.

Painting some decorations for your nursery.

I knit a blanket just for you.
 
Your nursery is ready!
Now, we wait and watch you grow!
 
April
 
May in Disney World
June

July
August
August 16, two days before your due date.
Today is Monday, August 19th and we have all been patiently and not-so-patiently waiting for your arrival.  It's about 4:30am right now and I've been awake for the last two hours because I think God is getting us ready to meet!  I've been praying for you for months and I can't wait to see your eyes and kiss your cheeks.  You have such a loving and excited family to come home to, so I think it's time to come and take your place.  I'll be praying for you today!
 
Love, Mommy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment