Saturday, April 13, 2013

Signs of Spring in Monee

Last night I spent some time looking through old posts on this blog and I CAN NOT believe how much my kids have changed!  I especially enjoyed stumbling upon something I wrote about or posted a picture of that I had already forgetten about.  I resolved right then to get better at recording the special everyday things that make our family, our family. 

About three weeks ago we had our first break in the winter weather and we started to feel signs of spring coming.  Josh got home from work and said he had to take us to see something cool. 


He took us to the Monee Resevoir to see the geese!  There were thousands of geese as far as we could see, covering the lake and the land.  They were taking a rest on their long journey home - a sure sign of spring! 


We threw them cereal and crackers, but these geese were not used to people feeding them like the ones at the zoo.  At first they were afraid to come close enough until one brave goose went for the bait.  They must have realized we weren't trying to poison them because then they all goobled up our dry Kix. 


In true "No More Perfect Moms" style, here I am in the picture, enjoying the moment with my kids.
 


Thanks for suggesting this really cool outing, babe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment