Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, sweet baby.

My littlest baby turned one today.  I'm sure most mothers will agree that a child's first birthday is bittersweet.  So many last-firsts were experienced in the past year and I think the clock speeds up a little more with each year that passes. 

To say that having LD in my life has been a blessing would be inadequate.  There are times I stare at his perfect little cherub face and can only silently thank his Creator for allowing me this time with him.  He has such a sweet, joyful curiosity that I adore, even when he is pulling all of the tissues out of the box or all of the toilet paper off the roll.  And he has this amazing laugh!  This laugh that pours out from his belly like he is just bursting with happiness!  You can't help but laugh with him. 

I'm thankful that tomorrow is the beginning of a new year to watch him grow and discover the world, and I'm even more thankful that I get to be the one holding his hand while he does it.


1 comment: